Recently moved to the new address? Is there any changes or correction in your address printed on the Aadhar card? You know, a single spell error in your address will make your address entirely invalid.
So it must to update the address, if there any errors or you’ve moved to the new residential address.
You can update your address online by visiting the UIDAI portal or else through postal mail. In this article, we are going to discuss how to update the address on your Aadhar card.
If you’re looking to update your Aadhar card, here’s how you can do it?
According to the UIDAI, there are three ways to update your details.
- Update your details online by visiting UIDAI website.
- Request the address change via post.
- Visit your nearby enrollment center.
Keep The Following Documents Handy:
The documents required for address change include statements ofbank, post office account, and ration card proof, voter ID proof, driving license, utility bills for water usage, telephone landline usage etc. will be accepted as valid proof. Make sure, the bills for telephone, water and electricity must not be older than 3 months.
Now, let us discuss these three methods here
- Update your Details Online
If you’ve registered your valid mobile number with your Aadhar card, then you can update your details online. Follow the below steps
- Login to the UIDAI Website
- Enter your Aadhar card number and click on send “OTP”. The one time password will be send to your registered mobile number to verify your number.
- Then you will be directed to a new page, where you can update all your details including: Name, Address, Sur Name, DOB etc. For now, if you were looking update your address, submit the right address and enter submit.
- Scan and upload the supporting documents for authenticating the address correction online. Just scan and upload the supporting documents for validating the change.
- Once you submit the changes, you will be provided with the Aadhar card update request number. Using this number, you can track the status of the address change.
- Request an Address Change Via Postal Mail
Download the address change form by clicking here. Fill out the required fields in the local language. Make sure to use the same language which you were used at the time of enrollment and the language that appears in your Aadhar letter.
The fields to be updated should be clearly mentioned in the form. After filling the documents with all the details, include all the self-attested supporting documents and send the post to the UIDAI postal address. Mark the envelope as “Aadhar Card Address Update Form” at the top of the cover.
You can send the post to any of the following address:
UIDAI, P. Box No. 10
Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh,
Pin Code – 480001
P.Box No. 99
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Pin Code: 500034
Visit Your Nearby Enrollment Center
You can also update the details by visiting your nearby enrollment center. While visiting the center, make sure to carry all the original supporting documents. All the documents will be scanned and handed back to you after verification.
How much is The Fee of Updating Address in the Aadhaar Card?
Updating the address in your Aadhar card via postal or via online is done for free of cost. But in case, if you wish to update the address by visiting your nearby enrollment center, then it will cost 25INR to get your details updated.
How Much Time It Will Take to Update the Details?
According to the UIDAI Organization, the turnaround time for getting the address details updated is 90 days. After being verified by the UIDAI representatives, the details will be get updated.
Once your request is approved, the changes will be reflected on the UIDAI portal. You can also download your e-Aaadhar card by clicking the download option on UIDAI. Gov.in
Follow the below steps to change or update the address in your Aadhar card. Since the Aadhaar card is considered as the proof for availing all subsidies etc. keep it up-to-date to avoid further problems.
So what are you waiting for? Check out the address in your Aadhar card? If it needs to be updated, just follow the below steps!