To get a new SIM card, you need to provide an address proof, identity proof and passport size photo copies to the retailer and the verification process will be completed within 2-3 working days.
Generally, the verification process consists of a phone call from Vodafone Server, and sometimes visits by the Vodafone representative to the address provided in the proofs.
All these were done to check out the validity of the proof submitted by you.
These all makes the process of getting a new SIM card and getting it registered a daunting task.
Now, the process is no longer time consuming and cumbersome with eKYC! If you’re looking to buy a new Vodafone SIM card, all you need to is just visit your nearest Vodafone retailer in person to submit the documents and sign the agreement.
Instead of taking multiple visits to the Vodafone store, you can simply fill out the Aadhar eKYC document which can be used for verification process.
Signs – When You Need to Get Your New Vodafone Number?
- If you lost/misplaced your old SIM card or mobile phone along with SIM card, you need to get your new number.
- Your new model requires a small new model Nano SIM card, and then you need to switch on to the new SIM card.
- If your SIM card is malfunctioning, you need to replace it.
- Wish to change your network service provider but need to retain the same number, you need to replace your old SIM card.
These are the few situations why would you want a new Vodafone SIM card. So, whatsoever the reason is, to get a new SIM card you need to complete the Aadhar eKYC verification process.
Step-by-Step Guide on “Aadhar eKYC Process Through Vodafone
- Visit your nearest Vodafone retailer shop with your Aadhar card.
- There you need to submit your bio metric information such as fingerprints and IRIS Scan. These data will be used to retrieve your Aadhar card records.
- eKYC document will be downloaded from the Aadhar portal and the details provided will be authenticated
- eCAF will be sent to the Vodafone retailer store from the UIDAI Server.
- Check out all the details provided in the eKYC document and eCAF copy and then authenticate it using your fingerprint.
- The activation request will be sent to the Vodafone server by the retailer.
To get a SIM card using your Aadhar eKYC, follow the below steps:
- Visit the nearest Vodafone store with your Aadhaar card.
- At the retail store, biometric authentication such as scanningthumbprint or iris scan will be collected and stored in the database.
- Once the verification process is complete, an acknowledgement slip will be generated and provided to you.
- You need to keep it safe as this slip is mandatory to reapply a duplicate Aadhar card if you lost or misplaced your Aadhar card.
- Once the authentication is done, the SIM activation request will be generated by the system and sent for processing.
- You will be given a SIM card and it will get activated within 2 days.
Advantages – Why You Need to Use Aadhar eKYC to get a Vodafone SIM Card
- Quicker and hassle free SIM card registration process.
- More secure and safer! Using Aadhar eKYC will protect your documents from any unauthorized usage and fraudulent activities.
- Makes the process easier by adhering regulatory compliances.
- Say no to paper and save environment! As all the process was digitalized, there is a great reduction in paper wastage.
- No more possibility for identity theft and lost documents.
- Instant SIM activation.
- Reduce the number of trips or visits to the Vodafone retailer shop.
- As all the documents were stored in the database, there is no need to provide all the documents again in the later future.
These are the few things you need to be aware of! Don’t wait anymore! Link your Aadhar card with your mobile number today by visiting your nearest retailer shop!