Aadhar card was first launched in 2009, with an intention to provide a universal identity to all the Citizens of India.
Nowadays, the importance of having Aadhar card is cannot be underestimated. Aadhar card has spread its wings in all fields and has many advantages. Some of the advantages of having an Aadhar card.
Aadhaar based Direct Benefit Transfer (LPG Subsidy).
- Subscribing Jan Dhan Yojana.
- Get Passport in 10 Days.
- Signing up Digital Locker Scheme.
- Monthly Pension.
- Provident Fund.
- Opening New Bank Account.
- Acts as Proof for both Identity and Address.
- Getting Digital Certificate.
Aadhaar Card Centres in Chennai
|1||No. 10/5,, Nehru Nagar -Velachery, Near Phoenix Grand M, VeerapandiyaKattabomman Street, Chennai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 600042|
|2||New No.19, 2nd Floor, Mayor Sivashanmugam Street, Nungambakkam, Near Rajbhavan Hotel, Chennai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 600034|
|3||Saffan Square, 109 and 110, 2nd Floor, Chamiers Road, Teynampet, Chennai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 600018|
|4||No 1, , Perumal Koil-57, Pallikaranai, Pallikaranai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 600100|
- Considered as the proof of address by Securities and Exchange board of India.
Find Aadhar Card Centers in Chennai
If you’re looking to apply Aadhar cards & looking for the nearby enrollment center, read below
Enrolling for Aadhaar card is as simple as and also people can do so both online and offline. To make the enrolling process quick and simpler, UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has opened various Aadhar card enrollment centers in every state and Union territory. Residents of Chennai can visit the above given Aadhaar enrollment centers to get any Aadhaar card related services.
How To Apply an Aadhar Card Online & Offline:
No matter, whether you’re looking to apply Aadhar card online or offline, just keep the following documents handy. The documents required to apply Aadhar card is:
- Bank Statement or Passbook
- Water Bill (It should be within 3 months old).
- Post Office Statement or Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Government Photo ID Card
- Driving License
Once you’re ready with all these documents, now it’s time to decide whether you need to follow online or offline mode.
- First and foremost, to download the application form, you need to visit the official website portal UIDAI
- You will find the downloadable enrollment under the forms section, just open the form and click on the “Download” option. The application form will be downloaded in the PDF format.
- Next, you need to fill out all the required details in capital letters and submit the form to your nearest enrollment center along with the necessary documents.
You can visit your nearby enrollment center, get the application form from the officials, fill out the details and then submit it accordingly.
What You Need to Know About Aadhar Card Enrollment?
- While submitting your application along with valid proofs, you will also be needed to submit your photograph, and bio metric information such as finger prints and IRIS scan.
- After submitting all the details, you need to get the acknowledgement slip from the officials. Make sure to keep this acknowledgement safe as the information provided in the slip will be used for applying duplicate Aadhar card in the future
- Usually the process of Aadhar card is 60-90 days and it will be delivered to you via postal mail. India Post is the trusted partner for delivering Aadhar card to the respective residents.
Hope, I’ve covered almost all information which you need to be aware of! So what are you waiting for? Visit your nearby Aadhar card enrollment center in Chennai and enroll yourself for an Aadhar card.